Thursday 1 April 2010

Matt Smith

Matt Smith as the Doctor

After watching Matt of The One Show earlier this evening. I have to take back half of what I said in my previous blog. I must again, list why.

a) Matt maybe weired but he generally seems like a nice person.

b) After coming to terms with David's departure from Dr Who, it has just occurred to me that Matt didn't walk up to him with a gun and demand that he leave so that he could take the controls of the Tardis. David left because he wanted to.

c) I think people are being quite unfair. I admit, I was against him at first, and I know all the David fan girls are too. I also think that they don't like him because he's the next Doctor. This is unfair. They are doubting him before he's had 1 minuet to show people the personality of his Doctor (which apparently, is based on Albert Einstein).

d) I won't love Matt the same way I love David, but I can't help liking him now after seeing his true personality. Aside from Dr Who, his personality is funny and enthusiastic. What more can you ask from someone who has had a lot of bile posted about him on the internet.

Okay, I Know I Need To Explain My Self Now, Being A David Tennant Lover

The above title is precisely the point. David said that he wishes Matt the best of luck and wants people to support him. Aren't we, DT fan girls, suppose to respond to this comment by doing what David says, and support Matt? I know that when David is not on the TV, we are like fish out of water, but David will be back in Single Father. As much as I'd like to see David back as the Doctor, it won't be for a while. Mean while, Matt has taken the helm. As far as I'm aware, I think Matt will be a good Doctor ans surprise us all.

"We Know David Said To Support Him, But He Will Never Be As Good As DT" I Here You Say.

I know as
everyone that Matt will never be to the same standard of David, but I also know we need to give him a chance. I don't know about anyone else, but I, personally, am going to be watching Matt on Doctor who and I will be supporting him. Just like David said to do. Above anything else, I know David and Matt will be thrilled that Matt has one more supporter because I know I thats what David and Matt want.


SarahDTfan

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you have become a fan of Matt Smith. From what I have seen of him thru interviews, I don't find him appealing at all. I am hoping to find him, at least, watchable as DW, and at best, on par with Eccleston, who was pretty good. As for DT, it WAS his choice to leave the show. Speaking only for myself, I am still very sad and angry about that, and have not been able to move past it yet. I suspect that a lot of others feel the same way, and we all will move on in our own time and in our own way. Not all of us will be jumping on the Matt Smith bandwagon right away, and some of us NEVER will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about DT. I am still very upset that he has left, but I have realized that it's not the end of the world. I also know that all other DT fan girls are very upset and my heart goes out to them, being in the same position. However,as a David Tennant and Doctor Who fan, I see fit to support Matt through his difficult time. Like I said, David wants us to, so who am I to complain? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. In truth hon I've never hated Matt, I just don't feel he has much about him. He has no sparkle and not much of a personallity. But that's just me. I DO hope he does well as the new Doctor, but I find it unlikely he will be as successful as David. There has and always will be an actor who makes his portrail of a particular character. JEremey Brett was THE Sherlock Holmes, Joan Hickson was THE Miss Marple and in my mind David Tennant is THE Doctor.

    I was sadened that David was stepping down, but I wasn't angry because I know how much of an excellent actor he is and when nine months of your life is taken up with one project every year, it makes it difficult to branch out and do other great things. To my mind David left at the right time. He left on an amazing high. Now I find myself excited as to how his next project will turn out.

    So well said hon, but don't assume that all DT fans hate Matt because we don't. He just seems to lack that little something that so many before him had, not just David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and it's Pagan Hare from Twitter by the way hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hiya : ). Most of the people I was talking about who dislike (or as they put it "hate") Matt are most of my friends on Facebook. I have grown up with a lot of people who love David's portrayal as the Doctor (they didn't love him, they just liked his acting). After his replacement was announced they went haywire, messaging me (because they know I love David) that they "hate" Matt. As much as I disliked him as first, I didn't "hate" him because it's such a strong word.
    Many of my friends still "hate" him as they told me on Facebook to this blog. It was mostly directed at them. However,I know some followers on twitter that have been DM-ing me telling me that they hate him too. This was also directed at them.
    I can understand that people dislike him, but to "hate" Matt is unfair. I just need to tell them that I like Matt and I think he will be okay as the Doctor.
    As I said before, I know he won't be as good as David,but I hope (for his sake) that he will be as good as Christopher Eccleston, as @baevers said.
    SarahDTfan

    ReplyDelete